Ensure there is water in the tank.
- This may be caused by mineral deposits in the water channels. Try the following: Clean the water tank, base and vapor nozzel with a damp cloth to remove any build up in the water channel.
- When was the last time the cartridge was changed. (If itís been over 3 months, this could be the reason why the unit is not working properly.)
- Unscrew the demineralization cartridge and run the unit, if it starts to mist then you need a new cartridge. (insert cartridge link here)
- The screw cap for the water tank, onto which one first screws in the demineralization cartridge,
has a small rubber gasket.
make sure that gasket is not too far down against the outer screw cap. If it is the spring loaded button would not work properly
to let the water descend into the base tank .
The solution: push up on that small rubber gasket so that it is as far up and away from the screw cap
as it can be without falling off, and voila! you get mist!!
- If you have changed the filter recently then take out the cartridge and run the unit without the cartridge for about 15 to 20 minutes.